Dr Megan Hobson
Ear, Nose and Throat Surgeon, Sydney
Dr Hobson completed a Bachelor of Medical Science at the University of Sydney and a Bachelor of Medicine at the University of Newcastle. She trained in General Surgery before sub-specialising in Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery.
Dr Hobson completed fellowship training in Paediatric ENT and Head and Neck Surgery and now works at the Children’s Hospital Westmead specialising in paediatric Head and Neck surgery. Her other area of interest is the collaborative management of Obstructive Sleep Apnoea in children.
– North Shore Private Hospital
– Chatswood Private Hospital
– Westmead Children’s Hospital
Bachelor Medical Science
Bachelor of Medicine
– Paediatric ear nose and throat disorders including ear infections, glue ear and tonsillitis
– Paediatric airway disorders
– Benign and Malignant head and neck masses in children
– Salivary gland disorders (parotid and submandibular gland); including adult and paediatric sialendoscopy and stone retrieval
– Collaborative management of Obstructive Sleep Apnoea in children
– Vascular malformations of the head and neck
– Nasal and sinus surgery
– Nasal allergy
Dr Hobson enjoys her involvement in the education and teaching of junior doctors and ENT trainees. She participates in The Royal Australasian College of Surgeons trainee selection and supervision of Paediatric ENT Fellows. Dr Hobson frequently contributes to cross-specialty education and has been invited to speak at GP, Anaesthetic and Medical conferences as well as ENT forums.