Dr Catherine Meller
Clinical Associate Professor, University of Sydney
Dr Meller completed her specialist ENT training through the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, and graduated with honours from University of Sydney Medical School.
Dr Meller enjoys managing a wide range of adult and paediatric ENT conditions, and offers cutting-edge facial reconstructive and facial nerve reanimation surgery. Catherine spent 2 years training in innovative centres including the John Hopkins Baltimore, and the University of Virginia Charlottesville in the USA in order to learn both medical and surgical aspects of treating patients with facial nerve disorders, skin cancers and facial concerns including congenital and post-traumatic conditions.
– Prince Of Wales Hospital, Randwick
– Sydney Hospital, Macquarie St, Sydney
– North Shore Private Hospital
– Castlecrag Private Hospital
– Chatswood Private Hospital
– St Vincents Private Hospital
Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
MBBS(Hons) University of Sydney
BAppSc (Nuclear Medicine Technology) University of Sydney
Masters of Clinical Leadership (MCL) and Masters of Business Administration (MBA) Deakin University Melbourne
– Head and Neck skin cancer surgery and reconstruction
– Facial trauma and reconstruction
– Facial nerve disorders including congenital and acquired palsy, Bell’s palsy, Ramsay Hunt Syndrome, iatrogenic facial nerve palsy
– Facial procedures including brow lift, blepharoplasty, eyelid tightening procedures, facelift, smile procedures
– Nasal and Ear reconstruction
– TMJ dysfunction
Catherine lectures regularly at national and international conferences, including non-clinical topics such as ‘Leadership in Medicine’. She is a member of the Academy of Surgical Education, and a spokesperson for the Royal College of Surgeons ‘Women in Surgery’ chapter.
Catherine is a member of the Prince of Wales Research Group and continues to collaborate with other researchers in regular publications.
Catherine enjoys collaborating with GP’s about complex patients and cases, and strives to deliver high quality, patient centred care. She is also passionate about raising awareness and fundraising for the Head and Neck Cancer Foundation.
Professional Organisation Memberships:
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Australian Society of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery
- Head and Neck Cancer Foundation (director)
- Australian Medical Association
- Goldenkey International